Changzhou University Admission Brochure
Release time: 2013-01-14 Access times: 843
Changzhou University Admission Brochure
Situated in the south to the Yangtze River and at the shore of Tai Lake, Changzhou is halfway between Shanghai and Nanjing, and borders Suzhou and Wuxi to form the Su-Xi-Chang Metropolis Area.
Founded early in 1978, Changzhou University (CZU), originally named Wuxi Branch Institute, and then Changzhou Branch Institute of Nanjing Institute of Chemical Technology, was established as a provincial full-time university at the beginning of China’s reform and opening-up. In 2010, the University was once again officially approved and elevated by Ministry of Education to be Changzhou University. Through 32 years of construction and development, the university has developed into an institution of higher learning with emphasis on engineering, combined with science and integrated with arts, with the distinguishing feature of cooperation in terms of “production sectors, schools and research sectors”, as well as the harmonious development of multidiscipline.
There are altogether 20,000 undergraduates and postgraduates, including those in Huaide College, of which more than 1500 are postgraduates. The university has thirteen subordinate colleges, together with the College of Continuing Education and Huaide College. In addition, CZU also provides 56 undergraduate programs which cover nine categories ranging from arts, science, economics, engineering, agriculture, medicine, education, and management to law.
CZU embraces a team of innovative, explorative and dedicative faculty members amounting to some 1,300, of which 900 are professional teachers, 455 are advanced professionals (in which professors amount to 150 ), 800 masters or above (of which more than 320 are doctors).
CZU attaches great importance to international exchange and cooperation, Changzhou University has signed cooperative research and exchange agreements with over 20 institutions in 10 countries including the United States, Britain, Canada, Japan, Russia, Germany, Australia and Finland. It carries out productive cooperation in the field of teacher exchange, student exchange, research projects and joint teaching, etc., which gives a pushing effect on the improvement of teaching quality, academic construction and scientific research.
Admission criteria and majors offered
Possess a highschool certificate
Pass HSK level 3
Possess an undergraduate degree
Pass HSK level 5
★ Chinese language and culture for visiting scholars (details of the Chinese language training can be claimed by letter or phone)
Candidates should be aged 16-60 years old, demonstrate good behavior, and be in good health
International students may enroll for any majors available, and consult the website of Changzhou University at http://www.cczu.edu.cn for an introduction to the relevant majors.
Mode of application and tuition fees
A. Application time: 1st of March – 30th of June
B. Application documents
1. Email email@example.com to ask for an “Application form for international students admission to Changzhou University”, and truthfully fill in the relevant information as asked;
2. An original copy of the highest academic certificate or a notarized copy, certificates written in languages other than Chinese or English need to be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized;
3. An original copy of school transcripts or notarized copy, certificates written in languages other than Chinese or English need to be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized;
4. Recommendation letters from two associate professors (of corresponding or of higher status), (relevant to applicants for postgraduate studies);
5. A research proposal of 800-1000 words (relevant to applicants for postgraduate studies);
6. Passport photocopy
* According to the admission criteria of the major chosen by the candidate, the university may ask for more documents to be submitted.
* Regardless of whether candidates are accepted or not, the above documents may not be returned.
C. Mode of application
The application documents should be sent by post to the following address, or candidates may apply online by sending scanned documents to the following email address.
1. Application fee: RMB400 (candidates registering on time will be refunded when registering)
2. Tuition fees: (Note: tuition fees are based on fees announced in the current year by the university)
Undergraduate: Humanities RMB14,000/year
Postgraduate: Humanities RMB18,000/year
Chinese language and culture for visiting scholars: RMB8000/semester; RMB15,000/year
Note: The university will offer a certain number of scholarship each year, up to 45% students could have chance.
3. Accommodation fees: RMB9000/year/person for double room, RMB16,000/year/person for single room.Accomodation includes furnished rooms equipped with household appliances and internet access, with a kitchen available. Candidates should either bring their own bedding or purchase from the university.
The university, after examination of the supported application documents, will select the best candidates according to their overall situation, and will notify applicants of the outcome within one month after receiving the documents. The letter of admission and a JW202/JW201 type visa application form will be despatched before mid-August.
15th - 25th of September (the exact date shall be notified through the letter of admission)
Applicants should come to the university in due time to register, submit one’s passport for verification, and produce the letter of admission, a recent medical examination form from one’s native country as well as ten one inch passport photos and tuition fees.
No.1 Gehu Road, Changzhou, Jiangsu 213164, China